Thursday, June 7, 2012

The next step

Last night, I witnessed a major milestone in the lives of two of my young men.

These two young men (twins) have been with me almost as long as I have been in Venturing. They were teachers when I moved into the ward and joined my Venturing crew just after I attended Wood Badge and started to figure out what I was doing.

I was privileged to help both earn their Eagle.

One of them really took to Venturing and earned his Silver award and then spearheaded an effort to start a community based Venturing crew.

The other didn't get quite as excited about Venturing but still managed to earn the Religious Life Bronze award. 

Given how their birthday interacted with the School year, I got to keep them several months longer than I would others. They have been a great help to our Venturing crew, our Priest's quorum, and to me.

But last night they both earned their most important Scout award yet. They each received a call from the Lord to serve a mission. Interestingly enough, they will both serve in Brazil (different missions, but awfully close) and enter the MTC (in Brazil) on the same day.

Congratulations, guys!

1 comment: