Thursday, November 18, 2010

Me? Really?

I've recently started following the blog for Scouting Magazine. Each week they've been having a Name That Council contest, in which they post a council shoulder patch with the name erased. Scouts and Scouters are welcome to submit guesses about which council it belongs to. A drawing is then held from all the correct answers and the winner gets the council shoulder patch to add to their collection. For some reason, I started entering.

So far I've correctly identified the last four council shoulder patches but have been unlucky in the drawing. Until today, that is. I checked the blog today and found my name listed as the winner of the contest. I couldn't believe it. I never win contests.

I guess I now have to figure out what to do with a council shoulder patch from the Milwaukee County Council. Perhaps I'll start a collection.


Just don't ask me what my secret is in identifying the patches. If I tell, there might be more correct answers and I won't win any more. And what good is a collection with only one patch?

No comments:

Post a Comment